Statuspage.io integrates with New Relic Synthetics by parsing the emails that New Relic sends out when your site goes down or comes back up.
From a very high level, this works as follows:
- Create a new Monitor in Synthetics
- New Relic detects site is down, sends notification email to a designated mailbox
- Statuspage.io parses the email, sets component status to Major Outage
- New Relic detects site is back up, sends another notification email
- Statuspage.io parses the email, reverts status to Fully Operational
NOTE: New Relic emails will only trigger component status changes when there are no active incidents open, and will not affect components in the Degraded Performance or Partial Outage state.
Just like with Email Automation visit the Components section, and click the Automation link for the component you wish to automate. This will show you the unique email address where you will send Pingdom alerts.
Log in to your New Relic account and navigate to the Synthetics tab.
Click Create a new Monitor.
Input the information and settings for the new monitor.
Paste the component automation email address into the email address field.
Click Create my monitor.
Now, when the monitor recognizes an issue, it will send an email to the unique component automation email address and set the component to a "Major Outage" state.
Once the monitor recognizes the issue is resolved, it will send a second email and set the component back to "Fully Operational."