Statuspage believes strongly that transparency should be a virtue that all companies embrace. The benefits are numerous, and include things like increasing customer trust, winning prospective customers, and deflecting possible inbound support requests if customers can self-diagnose issues.
System Metrics is our first major iteration on an answer to the transparency we feel all companies should be providing.
Example custom metrics that we feel embody good transparency and give a lot of value to the user include:
- API response time
- Web server uptime
- Average time an outbound request sits on a queue
- Max time an incoming piece of data sits on a queue before ingested
- Average time before first reply on customer support requests
- Current exception rate of all requests
Adding A Metric Using Third-Party Data Sources
Here's a video detailing how to use a metrics provider to add a metric to your page.
Specific Third-Party Provider Integration Guides
- Here's how to add a Pingdom metric
- Here's how to add a New Relic metric
- Here's how to add a Librato metric
- Here's how to add a Datadog metric
Adding A Metric By Sending Us Data Via The API
You can now send add metrics to your page by sending us data via the API. Below is a video detailing how to do this.