A great incident response plan requires a lot of different teams coming together. From DevOps to Customer Support, a wide range of roles are needed to prepare for, respond to, and communicate around incidents. We've put together a customizable email template you can send out to help get your team up to speed on Statuspage for a more coordinated effort.
- Copy the template below and paste it into a new email message.
- Customize the [placeholder text].
- Add additional context to help your team understand how and why you’re using Statuspage.
- Remove content that isn’t relevant to your team.
- Send the email to your team, and get excited for better incident communication!
As some of you know, we’re now using Statuspage to communicate about incidents and scheduled maintenance. Statuspage is a communication tool where you can publish and send incident notifications to affected users. It also connects with monitoring and alerting tools like New Relic and Opsgenie, and other apps like Intercom, Zendesk, and Slack.
Why are we using Statuspage?
Customers today expect a certain level of transparency. When things go wrong, we need an easy way to communicate about those incidents. Using Statuspage as the single source of truth for all incident communication will allow us to focus more on fixing the problem, and less on managing communication in a variety of channels. Everything you publish in Statuspage can be shared across multiple channels including Email, SMS, Twitter, Slack, and more.
Here’s what Statuspage can help us with:
- Proactively communicating with our users when things go wrong
- Reducing support volume during incidents and downtime
- Getting our internal teams on the same page during incidents
- Building trust with our users by showing our uptime percentage
- Scaling our incident communication process
Let's get started!
Step 1: Visit [Statuspage URL] and click Subscribe.
Step 2: Confirm your subscription.
Incident response team:
Step 1: Open the Statuspage invite email and login.
Step 2: Review the Getting Started guides.
Questions or feedback?
If you have questions about our new status page, please respond to this email. If you believe you need access to manage the status page but didn’t receive the email to login, please reach out ASAP.
[Add any additional steps]